Recently Boston Scientific, a billion-dollar provider of penile implants, recently featured GAINSWave® as the focus of their monthly EDCure.org newsletter.
We would like to thank Boston Scientific for recognizing GAINSWave® and our commitment to excellence, best practices, and quality control. We’d also like to take the opportunity to clarify some things that might not have been clear in the article:
- “… don’t yet have robust clinical trial data to show their long-term effectiveness and safety” To date, there are more than 40 studies supporting its efficacy as a treatment for ED and we are currently preparing to launch a landmark study to further support the incredible results that tens of thousands of men have reported so far.
- “… this therapy has not received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)” The FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by evaluating and approving products and devices. Like other branded treatments, GAINSWave® falls outside of their typical purview, however, our providers choose shockwave devices that have already received 501k approval for this therapy as more clinical research is conducted.
- “The method was first tested in 2010…” It’s true that the first commercial use of shockwave therapy for treating ED was in 2010, however, it’s efficacy as an ED treatment was first researched in 1999 with the technology’s use in medicine stretching back to the 50’s
- “…shockwave therapy may provide a short-term (2-3 year) solution to enhance male function…” Several dozen studies and current research have shown that the results for some patients will last 2 to 3 years, but as a fast, safe treatment option with no side effects or painful recovery time, it’s not difficult to see why patients are increasingly choosing GAINSWave®.
- “At $400-$600 a session, the total out-of-pocket cost can reach $7,000 or more” Given the choice between submitting billing to insurance or collecting $400-$600 a session from a private-pay patient, our providers typically choose the latter over the former.
We encourage you to learn more about GAINSWave and how it can help you help more patients while growing your practice. Schedule a complimentary online webinar with one of our representatives to have a simple conversation at your convenience.